Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Badger Cave Update

        I did a quick paint over of the badger cave to think of ways to make it stand out more.

        After reading a bit about badgers, I found that they prefer open grassland areas. They also live in burrows rather than caves. I think if I make this more of an open meadow area, the badger burrow could stand out more. 

"Badger hole" by Carol Rose CC BY-SA 2.0  

        I also found that badgers tend to form mounds in front of their burrows from excavating. If I have a big mound in front of the badger burrow entrance, that could help draw more attention to it. Additionally it can help mark the area that's dangerous to walk on.

"Spoil heaps at badger sett" by Hildesvini CC0 1.0

        I started implementing some of these ideas in the level.

        Next I'm going to model a simplified silhouette of the badger. I think that will help convey a better sense of scale. Another thing I want to do is make the grass brighter green. That will help it contrast better with the soil mound. I'm thinking about making some custom grass too. This level takes place in the Adirondack Mountains. I think it would be cool to get some specific vegetation that grows in the area. Hopefully I can get the cave popping out more after I implement these things.






No comments:

Post a Comment