Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Racing Game Trailer Research

Here's a trailer for Trackmania 2: Canyon that I like.


One thing that I like about this trailer is how the cars are always leading the movement of the camera throughout the track. I also like the compositions that are created as the camera travels through the architecture of the level. Additionally, I really like the contrast in proportion that is created between the little cars and the massive structures in the environment. Another thing about the trailer that I like is how the movement of the camera matches the tempo of the song. I also find it really interesting that the whole trailer is a single take camera move through the environment. I think this decision works well in giving people an idea of the amazingly intricate tracks that can be created in the game's editor. While I may not use a single camera move, I'd really like to apply some of the other interesting aspects of this trailer towards the trailer that I will make for my racing level.

No comments:

Post a Comment