Pages

Monday, April 3, 2023

Weeks 8 and 9: Ivy and Final Scene

 For the last two weeks, I created the ivy atlas and combined everything into a final scene. To make the ivy atlas, I sculpted some leaves and then placed them on vines generated in SpeedTree.



Basically, I made a few different size variations, exported them all, assembled an atlas in Maya, and then brought them back into SpeedTree for baking.


Ivy clusters generated in SpeedTree.

Atlas assembled in Maya.

Final atlas baked in SpeedTree.

After baking the atlas, I cut out the cards and placed them around the tree mesh.



With the ivy ready, I then assembled a small scene with all the foliage.




Now that I've finished the scene, I'm going to work on some revisions and make a sculpture to go by the tree. After that, I plan to render the foliage assets in Marmoset and then build more of a complete forest scene. Overall, I've had a lot of fun working on this and I'm excited to improve on it and then start some other nature scenes!

No comments:

Post a Comment