Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Turtle Sculpt Progress

     I think the base sculpt is about ready now. Next I'm going to modify this to create a stone sculpture of the turtle.

 

 


    One technique that helped out was stamping shell alphas with the Standard brush and DragRect. To do this, I made some simple outlines from top and bottom, loaded them as alphas, and then dragged them onto the shell. Once the basic outlines were stamped, I used Trim Dynamic and Pinch to further refine the shapes.


    Another thing that helped was setting the focal shift to -100. Typically the alpha had a soft falloff to it when I stamped, so lowering the focal shift allowed me to stamp it with full intensity.


    Overall, I think the turtle is off to a decent start. Once I'm finished with the stone sculpture, I'm going to revisit the original and make a live version.


No comments:

Post a Comment